MOTIVATIONAL INTERVIEWING with the justice involved - Advanced
This workshop will enhance the skills learned in the introductory level course and will allow multiple opportunities for skills refinement and immediate coaching and feedback. The course is intended for individuals who have both completed introductory level training have some experience using Motivational Interviewing in a direct practice setting. Attendees will continue to build on their Motivational Interviewing skills by engaging in small group and partner activities.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Practically apply MI skills in real encounters with clients;
- Use a variety of skills depending on specific interactions;
- Blend MI skills with other counseling and management strategies and approaches;
- Evaluate their own skills in MI and give feedback to others;
- Continue working toward a greater proficiency in MI;
- Describe and illustrate fundamental MI strategies to their colleagues and peers.
Course Length: 6 hours
Location: Second Chance Training Institute, 6145 Imperial Avenue, San Diego 92114
Maximum Training Size: 30
Course Materials: Sent electronically following registration